Smarter technology, superior results - BioLuma 2900LVG!
29 August 2017
Only sensor to integrate GrainMap (grain angle), HD color vision and HD laser profiles at 2500 Hz. The industry’s fastest, most advanced sawmill sensor.
Most Advanced Transverse Sawmill Scanning Available
GrainMap, HD color vision and HD laser profiling in a single, integrated sensor – exclusive to our customers. With the fastest scan rate and largest field of view in the industry, you get the most advanced defect scanning and laser profiling for transverse sawmill edgers and trimmers.
Smarter Technology, Superior Results
Dense GrainMap measurement data, HD color images, and HD laser profile measurements along the full length of the piece at speeds of 2500 Hz.
GrainMap grain angle measurement affords more comprehensive defect analysis; simply put, it allows the optimizer to detect and classify more defects than a system without the benefit of this capability.
HD color images let your optimizer identify and classify minute defects for accurate grade classification.
HD laser profile measurements and the fastest data capture available let your system collect and analyze more complete data.
One-of-a-Kind Grade Scanning in the Sawmill
It’s a whole new way to look at rough wood. BioLuma 2900LVG offers all the horsepower you need to detect the widest range of defects in the sawmill; while it’s still rough and green you can achieve the highest value or recovery from each piece. Coupled with our MillExpert or Sawmill Suite software platforms, BioLuma 2900LVG puts you in the driver’s seat when it comes to managing your sawmill edger or trimmer process.
- Edgers: all brands and styles of transverse systems
- Trimmers: sawmill trimmer systems
- Optimization: MillExpert and Sawmill Suite
- Upgrades: retrofit transverse TriCam and LPS3 systems
Features and Benefits
- The only sensor on the market to integrate GrainMap, HD color vision and HD laser profile technologies
- Fastest scan rate and best overall performance in the industry
- HD data collection and fastest scan rate – more value and recovery through optimization
- GrainMap + HD color images – most accurate defect detection for grade classification
- HD laser profiles – highest accuracy data
- Supports MillExpert and Sawmill Suite software platforms
- Gigabit-Ethernet – 10x to 100x faster than conventional networking
- Flexible configuration: new or upgrade
- Scan rate: 2500 Hz
- Measurement field: 8" / 200 mm
- GrainMap density: 0.3” / 8 mm x 500 Hz
- HD color resolution: 0.02" / 0.5 mm
- HD laser profile spacing: 0.3" / 8 mm
- Thickness accuracy: ± .015” / 0.38 mm
- Laser class: IIIb - visible laser
- Interface: Gig-E (Gigabit Ethernet)
- Temperature: 32-120 degrees F / 0-50 degrees C, non-condensing
- Input power: 48 VDC, 0.5A