Exhibitors from five continents at the whole world’s forestry fair Elmia Wood!
7 June 2017
With the premiere of the Load & Transport section, the fairgrounds are expanding in the forest with new segments in logistics and timber handling. Two more new sections, the Drone Zone and Hunting, add to this year’s innovation.
A packed programme
The fair’s daily programme is busier than ever and incudes shows, competitions, award ceremonies, networking events and seminars. Major events include the Forwarder World Cup, the Swedish Forwarder Championships and the Swedish School Forwarder Championships.
You can find selected events that might interest you as a journalist in our press programme.
Exhibitors and products
Our exhibitors are also giving demonstrations. Companies offering world premieres at Elmia Wood include Ponsse, Komatsu, John Deere, Rottne, Tigercat, Ecolog, Volvo and Liebherr. The demo areas are larger this year and include everything from trials of new machines to full-scale final felling.
You will find exhibitors’ own news
Facts about Elmia Wood 2017
- The world’s largest forestry fair by both area and exhibitor numbers
- Sweden’s largest trade fair by area
- A total of 555 exhibitors from 28 countries
- 36% of exhibitors come from outside Sweden
- In total there are 85,000 square metres of stand area and 131,000 square metres of demo area along a seven-kilometre forest trail
- The fairgrounds consist of 15 hectares of field area and 250 hectares of forest area
- More than 6,100 people are working at the exhibitors’ stands
- 22 hectares of parking for 9,000 vehicles, which include 100 buses a day
- 22 food outlets, including four new restaurants with their own menus
- 200 accredited press
Source: Elmia Wood